REMIND Project Seminars
REMIND - Renewable Energies for water Treatment and Reuse in Mining Industries is a RISE (Research and Innovation Staff Exchange) project of Horizon 2020, i.e. a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Action.
This project aims to develop a new paradigm in mining management to address a zero water-energy balance. The bidirectional knowledge transfer activities implemented in REMIND aim to:
- Implement a rational use of water resources in the logic of the circular economy;
- Promote a carbon-free technological approach (water-energy nexus) to reduce the need for conventional energy resource;
- Leverage cross-sector cooperation between academia and industry by defining best practices for knowledge transfer.
Tuesday, September 26th at Politecnico di Torino, DIATI Entrance 3, Meeting Room 1st floor
- 10.00 am – 12.00 pm "Water desalination by membranes, LCA"
Speakers: Proff. Alberto Tiraferri and Isabella Bianco
- 12.00 pm – 12.30 pm "Energy challenges for future water desalination plant projects in Northern Chile"
Speaker: Prof. Mauro Henriquez from Universidad de Antofagasta
- 12.30 pm – 13.00 pm Discussion
- 10.00 am – 11.30 am "Stability and groundwater management in mining districts, heat pumps"
Speakers: Proff. Daniele Peila, Daniele Martinelli, Tiziana Tosco and Alessandro Casasso
- 11.30 am – 12.00 pm "Megawatt Photovoltaic Plant in the Atacama Desert: Sustainable Seawater Supply for Mining"
Speaker: Prof. Douglas Olivares from Universidad de Antofagasta
- 12.00 pm – 12.30 pm Discussion
- 10.00 am - 11.30 am "Water management and environmental sustainability in mining district"
Speakers: Proff. Barbara Ruffino, Giuseppe Campo and Deborah Panepinto
- 11.30 am - 12.00 pm "Environmental sensing in ecosystems with activities of gold mining powered by sediment microbial fuel cell"
Speaker: Prof. Celso Recalde from the University of Riobamba
- 12.00 pm - 12.30 pm Discussion
- REMIND Project flyer for September, 26th (125 KB)
- REMIND Project flyer for October, 6th (233 KB)
- REMIND Project flyer for October, 18th (426 KB)