Here a brief report in numbers on 2022 Department's achievements in the three areas: Teaching, Research; Impact on Society.
- 1st Italian University by number of students enrolled in LM35 (Master's Dregrees in Environmental and Land Engineering)
- 1 new Bachelor's Degree programme in "Civil and Environmental Engineering"
- 166 overall graduates in our Bachelor and Master's degree programmes
- 30+ field work activities and site visites organized by our programmes.
- 237 new scientific publications in international Scopus-indexed peer-reviewed journals
- 9 new projects funded by the National Plan for Recovery and Resilience
- 16 new projects funded by EU funding programmes
- 13 new projects funded by other national and international funds.
- 51 new research contracts
- 24 new research consultancies
- 50+ public engagement initiatives
- 13 appearances on the media (press, radio, TV, podcast).
We also celebrate the reconfirmation by the Italian Ministry of Research of DIATI as “Department of Excellence” for the period 2023-2027, ranked 1st at national level in the Area of Civil Engineering and Architecture. The new project, focused on climate transition, will stand in direct continuity with the previous one (Department of Excellence 2018-2022) dedicated to engineering solutions for climate change monitoring, adaptation and mitigation.