Environmental, occupational and fire safety laboratory is a research laboratory in the field of assessment of safety and quality conditions according to the chemical-physical parameters evaluation in living and working environments. The parameters are based on risk analysis and boundary condition analysis methodologies. The main monitored parameters are dust, gas, fibres, noise, vibrations, microclimatic conditions, and lighting. The assessment activities include indoor and outdoor emissions for companies and construction sites. In addition, the laboratory has educational functions for the degree and doctoral course students. They can use risk assessment methods and participate in measurement campaigns.ncerning the monitoring of the main air quality parameters are jointly conducted with cc-lab activities, in particular those of the long-lasting fixed monitoring station (cc-green-roof-lab) and the mobile station (cc-moving-lab).
Legend: [occ.] used in the occupational safety field; [env.] used in the environmental safety field
- Airborne pollutants: gas, dusts and fibres
- Breathing PPE (Personal Protecting Equipment) historical evolution [occ.]
- Analogic multigas meter with passive sensors (Drager vial gas-sensible) [occ.]
- Optical multigas analyser and IR spectrometric multigas analyser with wide wavelength range [occ. env.]
- High precision flowmeter [occ. env.]
- Personal detectors of CO2, CH4 and O2 [occ.]
- Dryers and dust filters [occ. env.]
- Particulate and fibres personal samplers. They consist of a pump and sampling heads [occ.]
- Work environment qualification: microclimate and lighting
- Fire prevention
- Cono-calorimeter [occ.]
- Dusts and fibres
- Fidas Palas 200s [env.]. Optical airborne particulate analyser with the capability of measuring PM10, PM4, PM2.5, PM1 fractions. It is characterized by a time resolution of one minute. It is currently used for long-term monitoring within the cc-green-roof-lab project.
- APM2 [env.]. Two optical airborne particulate analysers with the capability of measuring PM10 and PM2.5 fractions. It is characterized by a time resolution of one minute. It is currently used for long-term monitoring within the cc-green-roof-lab project and for campaigns aimed at measuring outdoors particulate matter concentration (as cc-moving-lab).
- MCZ sampler [env.]. Gravimetric sampler of airborne particles with 16 filters. It is possible to measure the concentration of PM2.5, PM10 or TSP according to the sampling head that is installed. It is currently used for research purposes within the cc-moving-lab.
- Zambelli Controller 16 [occ. env.]. Gravimetric sampler consisting of a pump group and a sampling unit. The air flow is taken through the pipes and conveyed to the filters. By varying the sampling heads, it is possible to monitor the daily concentrations of PM2.5 and PM10.
- Zambelli Explorer [occ. env.]. Gravimetric sampler consisting of a pump group and an 8-channel sampling unit. The air flow is taken through the pipes and conveyed to the filters. By varying the sampling heads, it is possible to monitor the daily concentrations of PM2.5 and PM10.
- Analitica e TCR Tecora [occ.]. Stationary gravimetric samplers for long-term sampling in the workspace.
- Low-flow samplers for dust and fibre sampling [occ.].
- Air conditioning hood and precision balance [occ. env.]. Used for weighing in a protected environment samples taken during gravimetric analysis campaigns.
- Serinus 40 Ecotech [env.]. NO, NO2, NOx analyser that uses the chemiluminescence principle. It is currently used for research purposes within the cc-moving-lab.
- Serinus 10 Ecotech [env.]. O3 analyser based on the principle of absorption of UV radiation. It is currently used for research purposes within the cc-moving-lab.
- Drager [occ. env.]. Multigas digital sampler with telescopic aspirating probe.
- Brüel & Kjær 2260 e 2250 [occ. env.]. Precision digital sound analysers, calibrators and measurement chains for environmental assessments. It is currently used for research purposes within the cc-green-roof-lab and the cc-moving-lab.
- Personal sound pressure level meter and calibrator [occ.].
- Weather and microclimate
|Type||Teaching and research laboratory|