Member of Interdepartmental Center (SmartData@PoliTO - Big Data and Data Science Laboratory)
+39 0110905664 / 5664 (DIATI)
|Research area||HYDROLOGY AND HYDRAULIC CONSTRUCTIONS|
Other activities and projects related to research
- to understand the spatio-temporal dynamics of climatic, hydrologic and human processes in river basins;
- to decipher the implications of these dynamics on the probabilities of extreme hydrological events (in particular river floods) and their evolution in space and time.
Research strategy (combination of):
- investigation of long time series of observed/reconstructed climatic, hydrologic and human related variables;
- comparative analysis of climatic, hydrologic and human related variables across spatial gradients;
- conceptual modelling of the interconnection of climatic, hydrologic and human processes as a mean to understand what the data say.